{Thu} Technique: Masking with Die Cuts

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

It's been a while since I entered any cards in Altenew's Challenges...it's time I change that!


The colors are inspired by Altenew's August Inspiration Challenge and the design was inspired by Happy Little Stamper's August CASE the Designer (Gloria Lee) Challenge...

I had a scallop circle die cut laying around, so I used washi tape to tape it on the die cut white panel (Stitched Rectangles/The Stamps of Life).
I used stamps from Altenew WILD HIBISCUS to create the collage with Simon Says Stamp COBBLESTONE dye ink. With the die cut still on, I blended Tsukineko Memento ANGEL PINK around it, using Ranger MINI ROUND INK BLENDING TOOL.
I also outlined the flowers with alcohol-based marker.
After I remove the die cut, I stamped sentiment (Altenew WINTER CARDINAL) with Memento ROSE BUD.
Then, I adhered on pink card base and added some sequins.










You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the subtle pinks added to the stamping around the die cut circle, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masking circle gave a very interesting place for sentiment. Great idea and a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS. Good luck.
    hugs,
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lilian! Just love your card! It is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers August Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with Happy Little Stampers masking CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on Gloria's card! Thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers August CASE the Designer challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe